Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Getting back to it.

Yeah, yeah it's been a week since my last workout/post. It's just when the weather is warm I have NO motivation to run. I don't like to run in the heat, but HATE running in the gym. The morning is the best to run, weather-wise, but it's SO EARLY! So let's say again...I've had motivation problems.Luckily, Alex likes (LOVES) to run. I convinced him we were going to run in the AM, BUT IT WAS HIS JOB TO MAKE SURE I WAS UP AND READY! Needless to say, he made sure I ran.

We started off with stretching, and a warm-up walking block. Normal, right? Yeah, he wasn't used to either. When he runs, he just goes straight into a run. Silly rabbit, trix are for kids.

Moving on...so we started our 4-5 miles loop. I made sure to warn him REPEATEDLY that I am NOT fast by ANY means. I still don't think he believed me. So I chugged along, with my headphones in.

He ran circles around me at one point (literally) but I kept chugging along.

We ran down Washington Blvd....turned on 10th St....then up to Fairfax Dr.....then all the way up to Glebe. That's about 2.5 miles. Once at Glebe, it was "walking-cool-down-time". YAY!

So we walked the rest of the route home, about 2.2 miles (which is fine with me, because we still RAN more than we WALKED!).

After we got back to my house...we had a BANGING breakfast wrap.

Hopefully I can keep up the workouts though...

- apes -

0 comments:

Post a Comment