Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Will Spicy Show?

Sunday night Spicy and I decided we REALLY needed to get back on track for this whole "apes is running a marathon" nonsense. We decided we would get back to it on Monday, no excuses this time.

Monday morning I wake up, snooze a little...and head to the meeting spot. On the way I texted Spicy "Your ass better be on the way to the shop" (shop = our meeting spot for our morning workouts). No answer, so I HOPED he was on his way.

Once I arrived at the shop...there was no familiar Jeep waiting for me. So I waited for a little, and when there was still no sign of Spicy, I decided to once again run by myself.

So I got out, did some stretching, and joined the rest of the early birds that were out enjoying their morning run.

"What a lovely morning for a run"

I did my normal loop to Glebe and back to the shop, then went a little further, so I probably got in about 3.4 miles. I really need to get in on a race with a long distance so I can see what I can do.

Today was a rest, and tomorrow I'll be back on streets in the AM for another run, not really counting on Spicy showing up again either (even though he says he will).


- apes -

0 comments:

Post a Comment