Wednesday, February 3, 2010

12k Race on Saturday

So this weekend I have signed up for a 12k race (http://www.dcroadrunners.org/sign-up/custis-12k) along with Leo and Juan. Now 12k is about 7.5 miles. Well, that's a little longer than I have EVER ran!

The longest I have run has been 6.4 miles (just on my own) and I haven't even ran in like 2 weeks. So I am sure I will be STRUGGLING with 7.5 miles. I thought I would have PLENTY of time to get ready for it (until it snuck up on me) but with the basketball game taking up my only evening to run last week, and then Monday I just could NOT get motivated - I just haven't ran.

Now, recently we got a TON of snow up in Northern VA/DC - including last night, and more snow is scheduled all week, AND weekend.

So as much as I want to run the 12k on Saturday, I wouldn't mind it being cancelled (due to weather) since I have been slacking. The race is by the SAME super-unorganized group as the 5k from January, and apparently it's not even a chip-timed race, we have to keep our own time. WTF?!?!? - so yeah, a cancellation wouldn't be SOO bad for me...but I DO need the training.

- apes -

0 comments:

Post a Comment