Monday, February 1, 2010

Spike got hurt!

First off - I know I haven't posted since last Monday. I guess that means you can tell I also haven't exercised since last week. I know I know, hopefully I can pump out a run today (it's my only evening off AND I have a 12k race on Saturday...THIS SATURDAY).

Now normally I can get atleast ONE run in, but last week my only day off was a Longwood Alumni reception/bball game. We went to the Wizards vs. Lakers (where of course the Lakers won) so I didn't have time to squeeze in any exercise...unless you want to count my liver exercise.

Ok, so onto Spike.

For those who DON'T know - Spike is not an animal. He is my soon-to-be 3 year old Toyota Corolla!! I got him back in 2007 on a weekend trip back to my college (Longwood University...located in the REAL FARMVILLE).

So anyways...it started snowing on Saturday morning, and I had to get to the bike shop (yes, in the snow). So as I was making the not-exactly-a-right-turn turn from Washington Blvd. to that little side street by the ABC store in Clarendon, the stupid driver beside was was turning (there's 2 right turns at this intersection, one is a right turn, and one is like a veer-right onto the street turn). Well she went to TURN RIGHT, and as I went to VEER Right (2 different streets) she decided she didnt want to turn so she straightened back out, and as I swerved to avoid her I jumped the curb and Spike got hurt.

He ended up with 2 busted tires and a busted rim. UGH!

So once at work, I have to call up AAA and renew my membership - so I could get free towing. Spike got his first ride in a tow (he loves his new adventures, even if they will cost ME a fortune). So I get him looked out at Mr. Tire (the mechanics said they'd take care of him, and even read him a bedtime story) and of course...there's more that needs to be done:

- 4 new tires (2 were busted, and the other 2 were almost bald - I already knew I needed to look into new tires, so I was kind of prepared for this)
- New Brakes
- Realignment

Of course it's not cheap....so a nice little chunk of $1000 is gonna be around the total cost. Oh goody, it looks like I know what I will be using my tax return for (if I get anything back).

I guess that's what I get for not exercising last week - now I will be mooching rides, walking/running, or biking (my bike will have its new handlebars tomorrow hopefully) everywhere until Spike is back in tip-top shape!

- apes-

0 comments:

Post a Comment