Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I RODE CLIPLESS!!!

I did it! I finally did it!

This morning on my bike ride (I leave Spike at the bike shop when I work, and bike home. Then the next morning I bike to get him and then go home and get ready for work) I rode CLIPLESS!!

That's right, I had BOTH feet clipped into my pedals, and rode down Washington Blvd (of all places) for a little bit. Even better? I DIDN'T FALL when I unclipped! I even rode on my drops during it! I am slowly but surely getting better at this whole "biking" thing.

I detoured some and rode in some neighborhoods, I'm gonna try to add some length a little by little to my morning rides.

This was a super quick post, but I was excited to finally ride with both feet clipped in.

- apes -

PS - for those that are into Mountain Biking, you may have heard of Gary Fisher (you know, the guy who pretty much invented mountain bikes?!?!?) Anyways, he is in the area this week for the Bike Summit and led a group from our new Crystal City Hub on a ride on the Mt. Vernon trail - TOTALLY cool if you're into mountain (or any kind of) biking.

PPS - GOOGLE MAPS with an option for BIKING is up and running (in BETA)! Finally a way to figure out how to ride from place to place!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment