Sunday, March 7, 2010

We meet again GYM, my old friend

I AM SICK AND TIRED OF MY INJURED FOOT!!! I have had tons of time off from the bike shop to run and train for my half marathon in 2 weeks...but because of my stupid foot injury I haven't been able to.

I decided on Friday to just forget about my foot (prob not a good idea). But instead of running, I decided to do an old gym workout. My friend Brian (now in the coast guard) had sent me some workout plans about a year ago (he was studying to be a trainer or something like that). I called them my "Body by B" workouts and they were great!

Since they worked so well in the past, and I needed to get off my ass and back into some sort of shape, I decided to use them again. So after work on Friday I hit up our free gym at work (knowing no one would want to be in the gym on a Friday evening) to get myself back on track.

So here's what I did....

Warm-up: 10 min on the bike

Cardio: 20 min on the Elliptical
run for 4 minutes at a level 3.
at 4:00 min Sprint for 30 seconds at a level 5.
at 4:30 min Recover for 90 seconds at a level 3.
at 6:00 min Sprint for 30 seconds at a level 6.
at 6:30 min Recover for 90 seconds at a level 3.
at 8:00 min Sprint for 30 seconds at a level 7.
at 8:30 min Recover for 30 seconds at a level 3.
at 9:00 min Sprint for 30 seconds at a level 5.
at 9:30 min Recover for 90 seconds at a level 3.
at 11:00 min Sprint for 30 seconds at a level 6.
at 11:30 min Recover for 90 seconds at a level 3.
at 13:00 min Sprint for 30 seconds at a level 7.
at 13:30 min Recover for 30 seconds at a level 3.
at 14:00 min Sprint for 30 seconds at a level 5.
at 14:30 min Cool down for 3:30 seconds at level 3.
at 18:00 min Cool down for 2 min, at level 1.
at 20:00 min you are done!!!

Weights: 2-3 sets with 12-15 reps each time
1. Clean and Press (I modified mine with free weights)
2. T-pushups
3. Sit-ups
4. Dips
5. Russian Twists
6. Split Squats / Bicep curls (at the top of the squat, do a Bicep Curl)
7. Hip Flexors / Glutes
8. Leg Raises

After that workout, I felt GREAT! My foot didn't bother me during it (thanks to the elliptical) and I was able to get in some cardio and strength training to keep me from being a complete bump on a log before I run that half marathon (yes, that's 13.1 miles - AHH!!!).

So today I will be on the hunt for an ace bandage to for my foot to see if that will help with my running once I get some time to do so this week (back to my busy hours at the bike shop).

I can't wait till the half is over so I can rest more...I'll have PLENTY of time to train for the full marathon.

- apes -

0 comments:

Post a Comment