Friday, January 8, 2010

New Jacket!

While this wasn't my first run of 2010 (I ran NY day while I was in Dewey Beach) it was my first "let's get back to it" run. It was like 35 degrees, so I had to bundle up. I went to my drawer of running clothes (yes, I have dedicated a whole drawer to running apparel) I realized the following:

1) My running pants were in the hamper. Normally I wouldn't care and would wear them anyways BUT they were in the hamper from jumping into the ocean after my run in Dewey. Needless to say, those were NOT wearable for my run (looks like I'm doing laundry tonight).
2) The rest of my running attire was covered in sand (also from running into the ocean after my run, but these I had stripped off and left in the sand while I frolicked in the water).

So there was my omen for "this run is gonna suck". I proceeded to go for it anyways. Instead of my normal running pants, I had to wear my Capri's with soccer socks (not the most fun when it's freezing). Luckily, I had just gotten a new jacket from the bike shop. It is a Red Lady Phantom Jacket (more info/pic below), so I got to try it out finally! I got all bundled in my new jacket, headband, gloves (fingerless since my hands get hot), and my reflector light (more info/pic below) and hit the pavement.

According to http://www.mapmyrun.com/ my route was about a 3.5mile loop, but I only ran a little over 2miles of it. Not my best work.

When I got home, I planned on doing a little ab workout, but got distracted by the sushi in my Fridge (prob not the best to eat after a run) so I skipped out on the abs. I guess I'll have to do that tonight.

I have officially signed up for my first race in 2010! On Jan. 16Th @ 9am I will be doing the JFK 5k run (just a small one to start off the year). So hopefully I can get in another run before the race! If you're interested in running it (there's also a 20K too) here's the site: https://www.dcroadrunners.org/sign-up/jfk20k


Gore Lady Phantom Jacket
This is my new jacket. It is made of Windstopper Material, which means it can withstand up to 80mph winds (and yes, it works). When it gets warmer, I can zip the sleeves off to make it short-sleeved. It doesn't have side pockets, but does have a back pouch to put keys, ID, etc. in. It retails for $160 - but is SOO worth it!http://tinyurl.com/phantomjacket

Trek Flashing LED Band (officially called Flare S Multi-purpose LED light)
This is my "safety light". It lights up, and flashes, so cars can see me in the dark (thank you Daylight Savings Time, or whatever we are on right now). You can wear it around your arm, as a headband, as a collar for your pet, etc. I wear it around my leg, on the leg that will closest to the street I am running on (I am used to my route by now so I know which sides of the street I usually run on). It's great for when I run down Washington Blvd, or other main streets because I know cars can see me. This retails for $12.00, but lasts over 70 hours! http://tinyurl.com/lightedband

- apes -

0 comments:

Post a Comment