Monday, April 26, 2010

Cupcake's first road trip!

This weekend was Billie Jo's wedding in Appomattox, VA. I took my friend Wilson and we stayed the night in Lynchburg (about 20 min from the wedding). We brought our bikes, and wanted to be able to go on a ride around Lynchburg on Sunday.

On Sunday when morning came around, the weather was gloomy and did NOT look like biking weather :( Since my phone had broken the night before we needed to stop by Verizon anyways, so while we waited for the Verizon Techs to figure out my phone, we rode our bikes around the strip mall lot. So we got SOME riding in.

After Verizon, we decided to head over to Lexington (about an hour away) so Wilson could show me his stomping grounds at Washington & Lee. Once there, the day just ended up being random. But we DID fit in a bike ride! We rode our bikes down to the river, and then I jumped in on my first rope swing!! We were planning on riding back to his frat house after the river, but then it starting storming...like HAIL-storming! So we left our bikes under a house and rode back to the house with his fraternity brothers. So we only got a short ride down TO the river, and we just picked up the bikes on the way back out of Lexington.

Wilson did switch my stem, so now I ride with a little more extension, and I look a little more aggressive, which I figured I'd need some time getting used to, but it's actually a slight bit more comfortable.

Even though it rained some on the ride home, Cupcake survived! She road tripped all over VA and lived to see another day :)

- apes -

0 comments:

Post a Comment