Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Last few workouts.

Sorry readers, I haven't posted anything in about a week about my workout barbie lifestyle.

But no fear - it's not because I haven't been working out, my fingers have just been lazy. So here we go...my last 6 days of workouts (don't worry, it's not long).

Saturday: I ran.

I woke up and did about a 1.5 mile run to Clarendon and back. Nothing special happened on the run, except afterwards I felt GREAT!

Monday: I ran.
Sunday night I get a call from Spicy with his HUGE news...

Spicy: Ok Ape, it's time. I'm coming out of retirement.
Me: Really? So we are working out in the AM?
Spicy: Yes, I am ready to get back into race mode. I'll meet you at 6am.

So Monday morning, I get up and head to our meeting spot. I text Spicy, no answer. So I wait a little bit and decide a little while later that I would go ahead and start running. I ran from Rev Cycles up to almost Glebe and then back. It was about 2.5 miles. As I passed the other morning runners, I had a thought...

What makes someone a runner? Is it the moment they buy their first REAL pair of running shoes? Is it when they have that thought...I want to start running? Or is it when they run their first race? I know I decided I wanted to become a runner, and ran in various races, including my half-marathon, but still don't feel like a runner. Do I need to run DAILY in order to feel like one? My girls Hollee and Ashley just decided on their first race (congrats Hollee on your time, and good luck AJ on yours!) but I don't think they consider themselves runners as well. I mean I know people who are like "I'm a runner" and I just don't know at what point do you KNOW you are a runner?

Once almost back at my car, I was half expecting to the Spicy-mobile sitting beside Spike. It wasn't. So much for day 1 out of retirement for him.

And those were my last workouts. I know, I've dropped the ball on workouts this week (which sucks since I'm about to hit the beach for 4 days!!!). Hopefully I'll jump back in once I'm back.

Have a GREAT long weekend!!!

- apes -

0 comments:

Post a Comment