Sunday, May 16, 2010

Spinning Like CRAZY!!!

Crazy as in super intense...not like "Brittany Spears shave her head crazy". I'd like to point out that when I searched for a "crazy" picture in Google Images, this is what came up....
Hahah...this just made me laugh.

So anyways. I get to Spin Class Saturday morning....YES, IN THE AM. Granted it was 11am - but that's still the AM ON A WEEKEND!! And...I went by myself (Spicy had to work).

So I get to class, adjust my seat, and get ready for what will HOPEFULLY be a hard workout.

The teacher (I think her name was Amy or Ashley...I dunno, some A name) told us this week her workouts were "holiday themed" and her last class was Halloween and this class was Valentine's Day. That means all the music will love songs. WTF??!? I had a few problems with this...

1) Since when does Valentine's Day come directly after Halloween? What about Thanksgiving Day music, or Chismakwanzikkuh music, or NYE (Let's party like it's 1999)???!!?

2) HOW THE EFF AM I GONNA GET A GOOD WORKOUT WITH LOVE SONGS? I'm thinking she's gonna bust out any of these
  • Boyz II Men - On Bended Knee
  • Backstreet Boys - You are my fire...my one desire (what's it called, I want it that way?)
  • Elton John - Can you feel the love tonight

Luckily, she didn't. She played songs like "Heart breaker", "Shot Through the Heart", "Love, Sex, Magic"etc. I am thinking she hasn't had a great Vday so far?? But whatever, it ended up being a decent mix.

She also had us doing new exercises I hadn't done before - some up and down sprints, where you get out of your seat, and then back down. Yeah, those got me working all right.

The class was DEF my best one yet...I mean afterwards I felt like this kid:

Even my eyeballs were sweating!

Afterwards I asked her what other classes she teaches, and unfortunately only Sat AM and Thursday night classes. Oh well, looks like I better make it out on Sat AM if I wanna take her class again!

- apes -

0 comments:

Post a Comment