Monday, May 3, 2010

Spindoctor Apes

...and that's the last of the titles I can think of to relate to Spin Class.


Thursday morning Spicy and I hit up another spin class, this time joined by our buddy Alex! When we got to class, it was PACKED! There were a ton of people, so we couldn't get bikes by each other. So I grabbed the first one I found, and the boys found 2 together. So I felt like I was in time out, sitting far away from my friends.
Luckily, they didn't have a silly hat for me to wear.

This time we had a different teacher, so I didn't know how intense the class would be. I figured it would be similar to Tuesdays, but I wanted more of a workout than before, so I made sure to increase my tension a lot.

I was getting into it, feeling the burn, and really getting a solid workout. Whew, that class just flew by!!! Then I realized we were only 10min into the class. Eff. So I made some tension adjustments, and was able to make it through the rest of the class.

This week the teacher was jamming out some good tunes, and when "I want you to want me" started playing, the guys (Spicy and Alex) caught me lip sync'ing and hard core jamming to it. Then they saw me rockin' out to the rap songs as well. Hey, at least they were entertained.

The class went over on time, so people started dropping like flies and dipping out to go get ready for work. The 3 of us stayed though...all the way to the end! At the end of the final leg, it was time to sprint to the finish line!!! According to the teacher, Spicy won. Um, No. I mean, he prob beat me, but she only said he won because he raised his hands up like he really did win.

Afterwards, I reconvened with the guys, and we changed out of our heinously sweaty shirts....well, me and Spicy did. Alex had on full blown bibs (a biking one-sie) so he just pulled his arm straps down. Haha, too bad he rode with a shirt on over the bibs, it woulda been great if it was just his bibs we all saw during class.

So, I've now done 2 cycling classes - and I really enjoy them! Spicy doesn't want us to do lots of spinning, but he's compromised and we can do it once a week.

- apes -

0 comments:

Post a Comment